- Genuine small talk builds trust
- Sample questions
- Q.1. I noticed that you climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro (topic the other person is interested in). Why on earth Lisa?
- Q.2. Impressive client roster you folks have. What makes you such a badass VP of Sales Bob? (find out what makes your prospect special).
- Q.3. What was the best part of your weekend? Do anything that would make me jealous? Do tell (story your prospect can tell)
- Q.4. What are you looking forward to this week?
- Q.5. Never been to Colorado. Why is it amazing?
- Find topic of interest and followup with more
- Really? Tell me more?
- What do you mean?
- Confirm time available
- Share agenda
- 60 second story
- Transition to interview
- Reassure that there are no right or wrong answers, it’s like a documentary
- Find the motivation
- What changed at ACME that prompted you to jump on a call today?
- Typically, people talk to us because ….. Do any of these resonate with you?
- When did you first start thinking about that?
- What triggered you to start thinking about it?
- Understand where they have been
- Find where they want to be
- Tell me what better looks like 6 months from now